Monday, December 24, 2007

Back in Jax

Well, we made it back home this morning. It's been a whirlwind day of unpacking, repacking, finishing up my Christmas shopping, and going to our Christmas eve service. Let's just say I'm about ready to hit the hay.

I was so proud of myself. I had finished all my shopping last week and couldn't believe it! The, we had Christmas with Dan's side of the family. Each gift I got him, someone else got him too. Needless to say, that was why I was at the mall at 3pm on Christmas eve. The mall actually wasn't as bad as I thought. People were still nice. I didn't get any elbows to the ribs or anything. There were actually some pretty good sales. I guess it pays to wait until the last minute. One thing I must say though, the majority of the shoppers were men. I was actually surprised my husband wasn't one of them. : )

The service tonight was really beautiful. The adult choir combined with the Middle and High School choirs for a couple of numbers. My dad even got to play the handbells on one of the songs. We had the Lord's supper, and ended the night singing Silent Night as everyone lit candles. It was a beautiful ending to a special service.

Well, I finished my wrapping, got my little one to bed, so now all I'm waiting for is the man in the red suit to come down my chimney and leave me my diamond earrings and my 14 day cruise to the Mediterranean (did I spell that right?). Who knows. Maybe this year he'll stop skipping over my house. Anyway, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: