Friday, June 13, 2008

4th Wedding Anniversary

We had our 4th wedding anniversary yesterday. I can hardly believe that it has already been four year since I married such a beautiful person as my wife. She is such a blessing to me and my life and God has given me so much more then I deserve. The time has flown by but I honestly think I have made more memories these past four years then any four in my life.

As a surprise to Marianne I made reservations for a hotel room in Orlando and made arrangements for Katelyn to spend the night with her cousin. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Tu Tu Tango. It's one of the places we went to on our honeymoon. It's menu is all appetizers that are mostly between 6-8 dollars. So you can order a bunch of different stuff and its really good. We had empanadas, calamari (just for me), ribs, steak skewers, and quesadillas.

After dinner we went and played mini golf. Marianne always beats me, except if you've been reading this blog then you know on our trip to Virgina I finally beat her. So I put my winning "streak" on the line...and lost. It was only by one stroke but it still was a beating and she lead the whole way. We both played well and had a great time.

The highlight of the evening was getting to go to Downtown Disney for dessert at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain. I had fresh strawberries over strawberry ice cream (i know it's a chocolate store but I'm not a huge chocolate fan) and Marianne had dark fudge and marshmallow over vanilla. We had a great time just talking and enjoying the surroundings. It was packed and it was past 11 on a Thursday. Disney is just a magical place.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Lake Mary and had a beautiful room then this morning we went to another one of our favorite places...IKEA!! We found out about IKEA on the 8th grade mission trip last year. If you don't know about it, it's like a sam's club for furniture. The prices are incredible and they have really cheap food. We had a huge lunch of soup, salad, mac and cheese, Swedish meatballs, and mash potatoes, with a drink for less than 10 bucks. It was great and we had some good ideas about how to remodel our kitchen. We are looking forward to going back when we get to Atlanta in 8 days.

Overall it was a really memorable 24 hours. Katelyn was really excited to see us when we got home. I don't take for granted just how special my life and my family are. 4 anniversaries down, 63 more to go...unless the LORD returns before that. I love you Marianne!

2 comments:

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Dan...that was so precious! I didn't know you had it in in you :)

Ashlee Davis said...

congrats you two, very good blog entry, i know that took work!