Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day





Dear Mom,


If I could sum everything up in one sentence, it would have to be that next to my husband, you are my best friend. You listen without condemnation. You get excited with me over the little things in life. You are, and always have been, my biggest cheerleader. Over the years we've had our rough spots but I wouldn't trade you for all the money in the world. I never questioned your love for me or had to wonder if you were proud of me. You are free with your praise and affirmation.


Thank you for always being there. You were at every performance, recital, and concert. I never had to wonder if you were coming. You were always there and invited others as well. You have always cheered us on in whatever endeavors we go after. Thank you for supporting me and my decisions even if they weren't what you would have chosen for me.


Thank you for being my sounding board, where I can just vent and not censor myself. Where I don't have to worry if you're going to think less of me. I know you are going to love me and value me no matter what comes out of my mouth.


Thank you for teaching me about the importance of my faith. I will always remember walking into each of your offices over the years and seeing your Bible on your desk. It was a testimony to those who worked with you and for you. I have always admired how people feel so comfortable coming to you. They know that you have wisdom that comes from the Lord. Thank you for taking to me to church every week and expecting me to listen and pay attention. Dad would let me lean on him and sleep but you never would! :)


I love seeing you with my girls. They are just as much yours as they are mine. Thank you for letting us invade your territory multiple times a week so I can have a little break. Thank you for the love and attention you shower on them. Thank you for taking a chance and stepping into uncomfortable waters when we need it. You know I couldn't do half of what I do at church without you and dad. I never take it for granted. Katelyn and Caroline are blessed to have you!


I love you more than words can express. I only pray that in 25 years Katelyn and Caroline can look at me and feel half as blessed as I do. You are precious to me and I treasure every moment I get to spend with you. I love you!







Lisa,



It's only been over the last 5 years or so that I've had the privilege of calling you mom. Over these years, you have become such a valued part of my life. One of the things I admire most about you is your love of family. You love your boys like nobody's business. You have always accepted them and their friends for who they are, no questions asked. You have supported them and brought them up to be the amazing men they are today. Thank you for pouring truth into them. Thank you for teaching Dan how to handle is money and to be a leader. Thank you for teaching him how to treat a woman. Thank you for being the example in front of him of what it means to work hard and help others.



Thank you for being the epitome of generosity. You give your time above and beyond what most people would without complaint. You give your money and resources to further God's kingdom and to bless those who don't have as much. Thank you for being an example of what God can do when someone is willing.



Thank you for opening your arms and accepting me into your family. I'm sure it must be hard to give your first born son over to another woman. You have never made me feel undeserving or not good enough. Thank you for not criticizing me or looking down on me because I'm not the cook or housekeeper you are. Thank you for loving me and accepting me for me, faults and all. Thank you for being someone I can go to for advice and encouragement. Thank you for being willing to drop things in your life to help us when we need it.



Thank you for being such an example of faith to me. Through numerous job losses and transfers, you have remained sure and steady in your faith. Thank you for teaching me by example that it's God who is in control and He has our best interest at heart. I am so thankful for mother-in-love who loves me. I love you, Lisa!

I love you both!

Marianne

No comments: