Sunday, March 2, 2008

Deep Wide Jesus

Okay, so my husband has been getting on to me because I haven't written in a while. So Dan, this is for you. Things have been going pretty well. Katelyn is getting so big! I can't believe it. It seems like she grows an inch every day. She has finally let me start putting her up in pigtails and bows. I truly have the cutest girl that has ever lived.

Katelyn is also starting to speak in sentences. She says things such as, "I want down," I want that one," and the dreaded, "That's mine." How do all babies learn that word? It's like it's programmed in their brain. We're trying our best to nip that in the bud very quickly.

We have also learned that Katelyn loves to sing. She loves "Deep and Wide," "If You're Happy and You Know It," and Jesus Loves Me." Though often times she gets a little confused. We'll be driving along in the car and I'll ask her what she wants to sing. Usually she says Jesus. So, I start singing "Jesus Loves Me." I have barely started the song when she starts singing "Deep and Wide." So, I switch songs to sing with her, and she starts saying Jesus! We can't win for trying. But I must say that there is nothing as precious as hearing your child say Jesus. We ask her who loves her and even before she says mommy and daddy, she says Jesus. We much be doing something right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should post some pix here! :)