Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beth Moore

The last weekend in March was quite eventful. It was filled with family and fun. Friday night, I met my mom, Tiff, Maria, Lisa, grandmommy, and 6 other ladies from Lisa's church in the arena for the Beth Moore Living Proof Live event. The next 2 days were awesome! She spoke from Phillippians 2. It was so good to be a part of an event with 15,000 other ladies. Travis Cottrell sang and led worship. Thankfully he sang my 2 favorite songs from his CD. God has blessed that man with a beautiful voice. Anyway, Beth talked about how so many times we let things block us from getting to God. In this race we're running, Jesus is our coach who is out in front of us urging us to follow. We have to chase Him. There are times in our lives when all of a sudden God is going to turn around and if we're running hard enough, we're going to run right into Him. These are times in our lif when He reveals something to us. It's not an everyday occurence, but when it happens, we will never be the same.

She talked about how so many times in our race of life, we're facing behind us. We're trying to hold so hard to the past, whether it be failures or glories, that we miss it when Jesus turns around. We miss that encounter with Him because we can't get out of the past. She also talked about how we can let other things get in the way of our relationship with Christ. A couple were dread and comparison. Let me tell you I felt she was talking to me.

She also made a few statements that I will remember always. One was, "Everyday we wake up, we have the same power that raised Jesus from the grave." Wow! When you truly think about that, it's pretty amazing. Death is the ultimate earthly end, yet Jesus has the power to overcome even that! The next time I face a tough situation, I'm going to try to remember that Jesus is strength and through His strength I can conquer anything Satan throws at me. The other thing she said that stuck out was, "Be careful of your talents because they can become your greatest liabilities." Meaning, those things that you are naturally good at can eventually become your downfall. When we get to a place that we don't have to depend on Jesus to help us, we are about an inch away from falling into sin. God gives talents and abilities, but our reliance in those should not overshadow our need for the Lord. So, I think I had one of those God moments that weekend. I pray I'll never be the same.

1 comment:

Ashlee Davis said...

sweet girl, thanks for this post! I know Beth was amazing. We are going to have a bible study on tuesdays during the summer on tuesdays *mops time* We haven't decided on a study but beth has a good chance :) we plan on doing all the organizing in may and start in june; I hope you can join us!