Monday, April 20, 2009

Overwhelmed and Underpaid!

So have you ever gotten to the point in your life where you get so overwhelmed with a task you just don't even know where to start? Well, I'm there with this blog. So much has happened and there is so much I want to write down for memories sake that I am so overwhelmed with the task. There I pictures I want to share, stories I want to tell and lessons I want to convey. Maybe I'll try to just take it piece by piece, but knowing me, it will be another month before I do anything again.



I am the type of person that wants so badly to be organized, but can't quite seem to get there. I start on a task, only to be distracted by another task. Needless to say, I end up with 25 half done projects. I can't ever seem to get it all done! Anyone else ever feel that way? Part of me just wants to pay someone to come to house, throw out all my junk, clean my house from top to bottom, then maybe I'll be able to keep it that way. But in reality, who am I kidding? Last summer a sweet, sweet friend came to my house while I was at Middle School Camp and cleaned my kitchen, living and dining rooms, and both bathrooms. I kept it nice for longer than I ever had, but little by little, the clutter just came back!



I've tried all the tricks. I've bought baskets and bins, label makers, and file folders. I've used a timer to do 15 minutes of a task so i don't get overwhelmed. I've read organizational magazines (I love Real Simple!). I just don't know what else to do.



Anyway, enough of my ranting. On to bigger and better news. Katelyn is now potty trained! Well, at least for the most part. We still have an accident every now and then but for the most part we are there. Last Friday she just decided she didn't want to wear diapers. We still wear a pull up at night and if we go out, but it's only big girl panties at home. It just happened overnight it seems! I must admit I am quite happy to return this package of diapers I bought last week. :)

No comments: