Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Dinner

I will preface this entry with saying I am not the best cook. I don't really like to cook all that much so I am always looking for quick, easy meals to fix for my family. To help me save money when I go to the grocery sore, I have been trying to plan out our weekly meals and buy only what we need (plus some lunch stuff, a few snacks, etc). Some days I do really well and others...not so much. I found this website on facebook on a thread one of my friends started and it's pretty neat! www.monthlymenuplanner.com It has menus and recipes for each day of the month. I know they have January and February up but I haven't looked much farther. I tend to get into a rut with the meals I plan so I was looking for a little variety. I have not used their exact meal plan but I have definitely taken some of their meals and made them, or tweaked them to where my family would like them.

Todays dinner, Chicken Stuffing Casserole was straight from the website. It was super easy and my family loved it! Caroline ate all hers and asked for more and Katelyn, who we normally have to coerce, ate all of hers without us having to say anything to her! That constitutes a success in my book! So, in case you are interested, here is the recipe:

Chicken Stuffing Casserole
by Karen Barton
serves: 8



Ingredients:
1 lb cooked and shredded chicken
2 box stuffing
2 cans cream celery
1 c milk
2 cans corn
2 cups shredded cheese

Directions:
Prepare stuffing and set aside. Mix soup and milk together. Spread stuffing in pan; layer chicken, corn, soup mixture. Top with cheese. Bake 350 for 40 minutes.


I actually cut the recipe in half, put in an 9x9 pan and baked for 30 minutes and it worked great! I added a salad for the adults and we were set. I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as my family did!

No comments: