Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day at Hanna Park

Hannah, Sophie, and Elias playing with the Elephant sprayer.
Mommy. Daddy, and Katelyn doing "Ring Around the Rosey" at the water park.
What a sweet family!
Elias was trying to figure out how to turn the faucet off.
No fence can hold me back!


Well, today is Memorial Day and also happens to be Misty Harmon's birthday. To celebrate both occasions, a group of us decided to have a picnic out at Hanna Park. It was a perfect day to go. It was sunny with a really nice breeze. Apparently many others had the same idea. The place was packed and there were cars lined up to the traffic light waiting to get in.


We had a great lunch of grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, chips, potato salad, coleslaw, fruit, carrots, and of course birthday cake (made by master chef Chris Harmon). All the kids had a blast playing in the little water park they have there. They have a pirate ship with a slide and tunnel, water cannon type things, huge water sprayers and more! We opened presents, played on the playground and even had a friendly game of volleyball going.


After about 3 hours, Katelyn had had enough. She began her melt down so we began to pack up. It was a great day with friends and family.


As a side note, I want to say thank you for the men and women who faithfully serve our country. Even more so to those who laid down their lives so we might live in freedom. I am especially proud of my brother who served this nation for 20 years in the United States Navy. He is truly my hero. I don't say it enough, but I love you, Jeff, I'm proud of you, and I'm so thankful for you! I am so thankful to live in America. I truly tear up whenever I hear our national anthem. May God continue to bless America!

1 comment:

Ashlee Davis said...

i love hannah park. i haven't been there this summer. You have some great pics