Thursday, May 15, 2008

Catch Up #1

Well, a lot has happened since the last update. I'm going to break it up into a couple of posts so it's not just one long, monstrous entry.

The first weekend in May, we had our girls weekend with about 85 girls, 11-14 years old. We had some awesome skits, fun games, and incredible time with friends. I had the opportunity to speak to the girls for about an hour on Friday night. One of my passions is to see middle school girls live a holy and pure life. The area I chose to speak on was modesty, purity in our dress. I shared with them what God has to say about our dress in scripture. I hopefully got them to understand the effect the way we choose to present our bodies on the guys around us. I think the one thing in that area that made them think was it's not only the 15 year old guy you like that's looking at you, it's the 65 year old man as well. Lastly I gave them some tips and guidelines to use when both shopping and getting dressed in the morning.

I know it's a touchy subject, but I've had countless parents stop to tell me thank you. Many of them parents of boys in our youth group. The Holy Spirit really worked through me that night and praise God for it.

The next morning Stephanie Little spoke at our mother daughter brunch. She talked to girls about finding our identity in Christ. She is such a gifted speaker and we were so blessed to have her with us!

No comments: